Add more detailed lines to the initial style you envisioned to make the hair more realistic.
6. Continue to sketch the hair. On each side of the neck, use long and short curved lines to sketch the locks, allowing the lines to meet in sharp, curving points. At the back of the head, draw two circles. This forms a hair barrette. Draw polka dot circles upon it. Then, draw a pigtail emerging from the barrette. To draw the pigtail, use curved lines that meet in sharp points.
Stand by a mirror, get your blow dryer or a fan, and test it out. Observe how your hair is blowing. If you have short hair, ask a friend or family member to stand in.
Anime’s history dates back to at least 1917, when the first known Japanese animation was produced. Today, this art has grown to include more than 400 production studios. Not only do they produce cartoons for children, but dramas, romances, and action series for adults as well.
Using your imagination, picture out the hairstyle you want. For most female characters, the hair is usually longer.
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will form the basic outline of the face.
Here are some examples of the most commonly used anime hairstyles for male characters.
Draw the hair using simple curves or strokes which extend reaching the shoulders.
9. Within each eye, draw an oval. Then, draw a smaller, narrow oval within this shape. Shade the larger oval to form the pupil of the eye. Draw a small, sideways “V” shaped line to indicate the nose. Draw a wide curve to form the smiling mouth, and two smaller curved lines to indicate the chin. Finally, texture the hair by drawing curved lines at the base of the pigtail.
Draw an outline of the head using a pencil, this will serve as your guide in drawing the hair.
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
Draw an outline of the head using a pencil, this will only serve as your guide in drawing the hair.
Use a pointed pencil to get lighter strokes on the hair to get more details.
Colored pencils, crayons, markers, watercolors, felt tip pen or Copic pens.
This tutorial will show you how to draw male and female anime hair. Anime hair is what makes anime heroes unique and beautiful – as with real humans, it’s the crowning beauty. Let’s begin!
3. Erase the guide lines of the original circle, leaving a clean outline of the face.
It’s just where the hair starts. If you’re drawing a character with bangs, where their hairline is not seen, you don’t necessarily have to draw it – but it could help you get a clearer idea of the proportions of their face if you draw it and then erase it.
Draw the type of hairline you want for your female character.
Anime is a popular style of cartoon animation. It can be hand drawn or computer generated. Anime can be recognized by the large, expressive, often rectangular eyes of its characters, as well as the spiked nature of many hairstyles.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Manga Hair, Naruto, and Goku.
8. Draw the eyes. For each eye, draw a short curved line to form the bottom lid, and a longer, thickly shaded line for the top lid. Use short lines to add more detail to the top lid. Then, draw an irregular curved shape connected each set of lids. Above each eye, draw a thick, curved line to form the eyebrow.
Use a dark marker on the outlines of the hair you have drawn and erase all unnecessary lines and curves from your outline.
Refine the hair using simple curves and strokes around the hair.
5. Draw a squiggly line across the ear, indicating the inner ear’s detail. Then, extend two curved lines downward from the head to form the neck. Draw a “V” shaped line at the base of the neck, forming the collar of the shirt. Then, use curved lines to draw the shoulders.
10. Color your anime girl. Be creative – anime characters often have vibrantly shaded hair. Would you like to try your hand at even more anime art? Check out our tutorials for manga hair, Naruto, a ninja, charizard, pikachu, and Goku.
How can I learn to draw hair blowing in the wind and a girl crying?
Awesome picture! Tell us more about it? Click here to share your story.
You can have your hair flow however you want. Look at anime/manga characters for reference.
2. Use a curved line to sculpt the pointed shape of the chin and the oval shape of the ear, beneath the original circle.
Draw the hair going backwards, and the girl’s tears could also blow in the wind.
Draw the details for the hair using short straight lines and also curve lines.
Imagine a long hair style you want and to which direction the hair strands flow. Try drawing simple long slanted and curved lines of the hairstyle you want.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 893,550 times.
4. Sketch in the hair. Use a long, curved line to outline the hair above the head. Then, use a series of curved lines, meeting in sharp points, to craft the locks of hair hanging about the face. Each lock should be shaped roughly like a narrow, curved triangle. Note that some overlap others.
To draw anime hair, start by drawing the outline of the head and the hairline. Next, draw the basic outline of your desired hairstyle, making sure to focus on which direction the hair strands flow. Then, add details to make the hair more realistic, and emphasize the outlines by tracing over them with a dark marker. Finish by coloring the hair any way you like!
In this Article:Article SummaryMale Anime HairFemale Anime HairMale Manga HairFemale Manga HairAlternative Male Anime HairAlternative Female Anime HairCommunity Q&A
Imagine what type of hair style you want and to which direction the hair strands flow. Try drawing simple chunks of the hairstyle you want.
Once you have drawn your desired hairstyle, you can now add more details to your drawing like the eyes, etc.
The love of anime has grown far beyond manga comic books and animated cartoons. Many fans dress as their favorite characters, acting out battles or scenes in a hobby called cosplay. In Japan, otaku, or anime fan culture, extends as far as themed restaurants staffed by costumed employees. Fans desire to enter real spaces that mimic their favorite fictional worlds as closely as possible.
Changing from one type to another would be quite difficult because of the sharp lines that make anime so distinctive. It would be best to erase the spiky hair and then start over with curly hair.
Would you like to draw an anime girl? This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
You could use the shadow of the hair to fall over the eyes giving it a gloomy look. Spiked hair can look evil sometimes. Slicked, oily hair can give the impression of being greasy in character as well as in hair.
Check out cartoon character and movie villains for an idea of what might work.
Draw a sketch for a woman’s head to provide framework for the hair.
How do you know if the hair is flowing the right way? Sometimes when I draw the hair, it looks like it blows one way, but then other strands are blowing the other way.
Español: dibujar cabello de anime, Italiano: Disegnare i Capelli in Stile Anime e Manga, Português: Desenhar Cabelo no Estilo Anime, Русский: рисовать волосы в стиле аниме, Deutsch: Anime Haare zeichnen, Français: dessiner des cheveux mangas, 中文: 画动漫人物的头发, Bahasa Indonesia: Menggambar Rambut Anime, Nederlands: Haar tekenen in anime stijl, ไทย: วาดทรงผมอนิเมะ, 日本語: アニメキャラの髪を描く, العربية: رسم شعر شخصيات الأنيمي, Tiếng Việt: Vẽ tóc nhân vật hoạt hình
Using your imagination, picture out a simple outline of short and spikey hair. You can draw zigzag lines along the head, or pointed angles for your hair.
It is not exactly necessary, but solely drawing hair floating in the air is an image which is rarely drawn. Even for the purpose of practicing how to draw hair you should draw it with head so you get a feeling how hair, face, eyes and so on work together, so that your “real” drawings have a realistic and good looking outcome.
Draw a sketch for a man’s head to provide framework for the hair.
It’s your choice what you want the hair to look like, there is no right or wrong. One thing you might want to look out for is not making the hair too flat, try to emulate human hair. Human hair has volume.
Use a mirror and study your hair in a bright light. See where the shine is on your hair. Try emulating that in your art.
Here are some examples of the most commonly used anime hairstyles for female characters.
Draw the hair using rounded curves which extend along the framework to the neck.
Trace with a pen and erase unnecessary lines. Add details for the face.