By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube.
Add some shading and include details. Look at photographs of old houses for reference. Put lines in the wood siding and in the windows so they look cracked.
Draw an outline of the house. Make the structure to appear bulging.
7. Draw the moon peeking out from behind the house by enclosing a circular shape.
5. Draw the highest story of the house. Extend a set of parallel lines upward from the roof. Draw short, straight lines extending outwards, and enclose the figure using two additional lines to form a peaked roof.
Would you like to draw a haunted house? This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to use colored pencils, crayons, markers, or paints to color your finished drawing. Each step includes detailed instructions as well as step-by-step illustrations.
Awesome picture! Tell us more about it? Click here to share your story.
3. Draw the lower portions of the house. For each, begin with a pair of straight, parallel lines. Extend a short, straight line out from each side, then enclose the triangular roof using another pair of lines.
4. Draw the main house. Extend parallel lines upward from the smaller portions of the house, and enclose the shape with a straight line. Draw the sides of the roof using curved lines, and enclose the shape using another straight line.
A haunted house or a ghost house may be the last place you or other people want to be in. These estates all over the world are usually abandoned since many years ago. They are filled with eerie stories that would give you goosebumps and sometimes nightmares. Let’s begin!
Draw the features of the front of the house by using straight lines which with some lines having border lines. Use simple polygon shapes.
1.) Draw a shape that looks like a rake. 2.) Extend the rake’s ‘fingers’ with crooked lines. 3) Draw the tree around the guideline. 4.) Erase the guideline.
Draw two windows on the lower roof. Make the upper portion of the window curvy. Draw a circular window for the attic and draw rectangular windows on the lower part of the house. Remember to make the two windows in front larger.
This will create an illusion that these windows are nearer to the viewer.
2. Use a series of short, curved, connected lines to outline the bottom of the hill, enclosing its shape. The curves give the hill a grassy appearance.
Haunted houses are often portrayed in films and similar media. For example, the 2006 animated film Monster House features a haunted house that is itself a living creature. 2012’s Hotel Transylvania takes place in a hotel owned by a vampire and frequented by Frankenstein, werewolves, mummies, and other beings.
Draw the windows using irregular trapezoids with border lines.
Draw the chimney using straight lines and also the dead trees using crooked and straight lines.
Make the door slightly opened. This adds mystery to our drawing.
Now we can add colors to our outline. The windows could also be colored white but coloring it yellow creates a spooky feel which makes it perfect for a haunted house. Now the haunted house is complete. Boo!
The idea of a haunted house likely originates from the widespread religious belief that a spirit leaves the body after death. This spirit or ghost is then thought to remain in the house – either due to an affinity to the place or because of some terrible happening. Such beliefs are especially common in areas in which deceased ancestors are revered and worshiped.
Fun houses called haunted houses are often established in celebration of Halloween and similar holidays. These often involve low lighting, frightening decorations – skeletons, mummies, bats, spiders, zombies, and more – and even live actors who jump out or chase unsuspecting guests.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Spider Web with Spider, Scarecrow, and Ghost.
6. Draw the windows. Draw four squares amid the center of the house, and place a perpendicular set of lines through each. Do the same in each of the smaller portions of the house, creating arched windows by substituting a curved line for the top of each square.
Draw trapezoids above the trapezoids in step 1 to resemble the roofs.
8. Draw a scary tree emerging from behind the house. Use jagged lines to sketch the trunk, and allow the branches to end in sharp points.
A haunted house would not be complete without dead trees. Make the trees pointy and crooked.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 113,032 times.
10. Color your haunted house. Why not place it within a quiet neighborhood? Our cartoon house drawing tutorial can help. If you need any more scary animals, check out our bat, spider, and spider web drawing tutorials.
Draw two trapezoids of different orientations which overlap each other. This will be the framework.
Draw two chimneys. One should be in front (erase horizontal line overlapping the chimney in step two) and one at the back of the pointy roof.
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
Draw a horizontal line and a vertical line to create a roof and a partition.
Two Methods:A Traditional Haunted HouseA Cartoon Haunted HouseCommunity Q&A
1. Begin by drawing a curved line. This forms the hill that the house sits upon.
9. Draw a bat silhouetted against the moon. To draw the bat, enclose a figure using a jagged line. Note the jagged peaks at the bottom of the wings and the two points that form the bat’s ears.
In many parts of the world, the idea of a haunted house is one of many cultural superstitions. Typically, supposed haunted houses have been the locations of deaths, murders, witchcraft, or other spiritistic rites. The houses are thought to be inhabited by ghosts or other supernatural creatures, and stories abound of strange happenings in such places.