Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Holding Hands Begin by sketching the first arm. Draw two diagonal, parallel curved lines. Notice the angle in the top line that indicates the curve of the wrist.
Children from various parts of the world hold hands in friendship or in play. Certain rhyming games, such as “Ring Around the Rosy” and “Red Rover” involve hand holding. Parents hold their children’s hands, often as a means of protection, authority or control. For example, a parent may hold a child’s hand while in a public place or while crossing a street in order to keep the child close and protect him from potential dangers.
In many other countries, however, adults may hold hands as a sign of friendship or respect. For example, in 2005, Americans were shocked to see photos of then-president George W. Bush holding hands with the crown prince of Saudi Arabia. This adult hand holding is traditional in parts of the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and the Mediterranean region.
Would you like to draw a set of hands in a warm embrace? Doing so is easy when you use this simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial. All you will need is a pencil, a sheet of paper, and an eraser. You may also wish to use colored pencils, markers, paints, or other tools to shade your finished drawing.
9. Extend a pair of parallel, diagonal lines in the opposite direction from the first, outlining the wrist and arm of the second hand. Use a few short, curved lines to designate the palm at the base of the wrist. Then, detail your hands. Enclose the rounded shapes of fingernails at the tips of the fingers. Draw short, curved lines to indicate the curve of each knuckle, both on the fingers and on the back of the hand.
2. Extend a long, curved line from the bottom of the arm. Double the line back upon itself, outlining the thumb.
5. Next, begin to draw the fingers of the second hand. Enclose two elongate rounded shapes, one smaller than the other, overlapping the hand and pointer finger.
How to Draw Holding Hands with Simple Step by Step Drawing Lesson
4. Draw a curved line upwards from the finger, beginning between the fingertip and first knuckle. Follow the curvature of the pointer finger, forming the middle finger. From the middle finger, extend a similarly curved line to form the ring finger. From the ring finger, extend a curved line to form the pinkie finger. Allow this line to connect with the wrist, completely enclosing the hand.
At protests, demonstrators sometimes hold hands as a sign of solidarity. This is called a “human chain.” During some protests in Asia, several million people have joined in this hand holding behavior.
Posted in: Drawing People, Hands and Feet, Valentines Day Tagged: hands, holding hands, how to draw hands, how to draw holding hands, people holding hands
In North America, hand holding among adults is typically seen as a romantic gesture, indulged in by couples who are dating or married.
(Step 4) Start drawing finger nails with curved lines. Draw a letter ‘L’ shape and a backwards letter ‘D’ shape on the right.
(Step 1) Start drawing the hands with basic shapes. Draw a rectangle and a letter ‘V’ shape.
(Step 5) Finish drawing the finger nails. Continue drawing the basic shapes of the fingers.
(Step 3) Draw a #2-like shape on the left side and a letter ‘J’ shape on the right side. Draw an oval in between.
Holding hands is a form of nonverbal communication, a gesture whose meaning varies widely depending on culture.
7. Extend a curved line from the base of the thumb. Allow the line to cross over into the thumb, doubling back upon itself until it almost connects outside the hand. This forms the thumb of the second hand.
With over a thousand simple drawing lessons for you and your kids to follow along with. We show you how to draw simply with basic geometric shapes, letters, and numbers. We strive to teach you to draw with the most basic learning techniques. Think you can’t learn to draw? Don’t give up until you try drawing with our easy lessons. 😀
Technorati Tags: hands, holding hands, how to draw hands, how to draw holding hands, people holding hands
One of the hardest things to draw are people’s hands. You know what is even harder…drawing people holding hands. With the following lesson, you will learn how to draw two people holding hands, with the simplest way I could think of showing you. I show you how to draw these hands in a unique way, but if you follow these instructions you will see that it works. Have fun!
Would you like to draw additional symbols of love? Check out our drawing tutorials for hearts, teddy bears, roses, and more
3. From the thumb, extend another long, curved line. Double the line back upon itself, forming the pointer finger. Notice the angle formed by the nearly straight lines of the top of the finger. This indicates the bent knuckle.
6. Enclose two more elongate rounded shapes, overlapping the hand and thumb.
How to Draw Holding Hands with Easy Step by Step Drawing Tutorial
Here are the Steps to drawing two people holding hands: Instructions for Drawing Holding Hands
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Heart, Teddy Bear with Heart, and Lily.
Popular Posts Step by Step Drawing Lesson : How to Draw Pikachu from Pokemon for Kids Step by Step Lesson : How to Draw Spongebob Squarepants How to Draw Justin Bieber with Step by Step Drawing Lesson Butterfly Drawing Easy Methods : How to Draw Butterflies Step by Step How to Draw Sonic the Hedgehog : Step by Step Drawing Lesson How to Draw Elsa from Frozen with Easy Step by Step Drawing Tutorial How to Draw Spongebob Squarepants Doing the Wave : Step by Step Drawing Lessons How to Draw Realistic Eyes with Easy Step by Step Drawing Lessons How to Draw Phineas from Phineas and Ferb for Kids : Step by Step Drawing Lesson How to Draw Perry the Platypus (Agent P) from Phineas and Ferb for Kids : Step by Step Drawing Lesson How to Draw Hello Kitty with Easy Step by Step Drawing Lesson How to Draw Red Angry Bird from Angry Birds Games with Easy Steps Drawing Lesson How to Draw Om Nom from Game Cut The Rope with Easy Step by Step Drawing Lesson How to Draw Toothless Night Fury Dragon from How to Train Your Dragon How to Draw Anime & Manga Faces & Heads in Profile Side View How to Draw Justin Bieber Step by Step with Drawing Tutorial How to Draw Gary the Snail from Spongebob Squarepants : Step by Step Drawing Tutorial How to Draw Gir from Invader Zim with Step by Step Drawing Lesson How to Draw Tinkerbell Step by Step with Easy Drawing Lesson How to Draw Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic with Easy Steps Lesson Draw Anime Faces & Heads : Drawing Manga Faces Step by Step Tutorials How to Draw Princess Anna from Frozen Step by Step Tutorial How to Draw Tim the Minion from Despicable Me with Easy Step by Step Drawing Tutorial How to Draw Green Pig from Angry Birds Game in with Easy Step by Step Drawing Tutorial Step by Step Lesson : How to Draw Sandy Cheeks from Spongebob Squarepants